By gathering all the stakeholders of industry, R&D, and academia, the I2EN is France’s gateway for countries wishing to develop nuclear curricula and to benefit from the French expertise in nuclear workforce development and management.
The mission of the Institute is to provide embarking, operating and expanding countries with the best human capacity building (HCB) solutions in order to meet their needs for skilled personnel. The I2EN helps and guides these countries in the development of their own nuclear education and training systems. The Institute will share best practices so as to contribute to the implementation of safe and reliable civilian nuclear power programmes abroad.
To do so, the I2EN provides many helpful tools such as:
- An online database showcasing a selection of French nuclear education and training programmes;
- An online app for our partner countries to find a selection of possible solutions they’re looking for according to their development phase (including human resource development, education & training, knowledge management and networking solutions);
- A booklet listing a selection of our best academic programmes (vocational and non-vocational);
- A brochure presenting France’s comprehensive offer in scientific, industrial, and academic cooperation in all HCB-related matters;
- And above all, its best experts to develop tailor-made solutions.
Under industrial, R&D, academic, and governmental agreements, I2EN and its partners offer:
- to assess your immediate and long-term needs;
- to support and guide you in the design of your nuclear workforce development & management plans;
- to develop academic and vocational programmes adapted to your needs;
- to guide you in the set-up of vocational training centres;
- to develop on-the-job training programmes directly related to your nuclear projects;
- to organize “train-the-trainers” programmes (including shadow training);
- to provide assistance with the registration of students in academic or internship programmes in France.