Aix-Marseille University, is the largest French-speaking University. It gathers 72,000 students pursuing initial education or vocational training. 10,000 of our students come from abroad. We teach all disciplines: arts, humanities, languages and human sciences, law and political sciences, economics and management, healthcare, science and technology, education, etc. We award Bachelor’s degrees, Associate’s, Master’s of Science, Master’s of Engineering, and PhD degrees but also technical university diplomas and healthcare diplomas.
Aix-Marseille University counts 130 research laboratories, most of which are run jointly with national research organizations. Our five major fields of expertise are energy, environmental and universe sciences, life and health sciences, advanced science and technology, and human and social sciences.
Transdisciplinarity and technology transfer are the major development areas to achieve both our international and national ambitions.
NUCLEAR TRAINING AT THE UNIVERSITY OF AIX-MARSEILLE
The University of Aix-Marseille offers professional training in radiation protection and nuclear safety.
Two different courses are available:
- Control of ionising radiation and application of protection techniques;
- Radiation protection and nuclear safety.
Three master degrees in nuclear engineering are also taught:
- Master degree in process engineering: both the basic knowledge required to understand the phenomena involved in processes and the applications of implementation are taught;
- Master in instrumentation, measurement and metrology: instrumentation of test means: this master proposes to train scientific and technical executives, combining a good knowledge of the tools and methods of instrumentation, detection, measurement and nuclear instrumentation, process automation, metrology and project management, with a good scientific culture necessary for the integration of new industrial knowledge;
- Master degree in health engineering (IS): prevention of technological risks and nuisances (PRNT), nuclear course: the aim of this course is to train specialists in the assessment, management and control of technological and industrial risks and nuisances for the protection and preservation of human health and the environment.
Aix-Marseille is recognized for the excellence of its research. The funding agreement of A*Midex (Aix-Marseille Initiative of Excellence) was approved by the French Government on April 5, 2012. This ranks us among the eight French Clusters of Excellence recognized by an international panel of experts.
AIX-MARSEILLE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS: CAMPUSES RENOVATED TO MEET INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
The Campus Program is a government-funded project which aims at supporting 12 world-class university clusters in France with exceptional grants. Aix-Marseille University was one of the prize-winners of this program and was awarded €500M by the French government itself, €34M for immediate operations, and €300M from local authorities and organizations. These grants enable us to renovate and revitalize the Aix-Marseille and Luminy campuses, among others.
enured professors, teachers, and researchers