TRAINING TO FOSTER COMPETITIVENESS AND EMPLOYMENT
AFPA, the agency for adult vocational training, trains over 150,000 people each year. We have been the major training organization for employees and job-seekers for 65 years. As a social economy company, we offer a wide range of qualifying and certifying training programs adapted to the needs of the workforce, companies, and public authorities.
Guided by its economic and social role, AFPA supports technical and economic progress by anticipating on emerging skills. We also support the international development of companies by offering our expertise to governments, most especially in the framework of French cooperation agreements.
AFPA’s offer is both customized and customizable. It includes life-long training for the workforce, either for professional integration, retraining, or acquisition of further qualification. Thanks to our pedagogy focused on professional behavior and our various teaching tools, employees get to understand what skills they lack and can acquire them to improve their professional performance.
A NATIONAL CENTER SPECIFICALLY DEDICATED TO NUCLEAR POWER ACTIVITIES
With over 25 years of expertise, the AFPA center in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin is certified “national center” for nuclear energy and renewable marine energies. We offer several technical platforms developed in partnership with companies such as:
- a technical platform for the operation of automated facilities developed together with ORANO la Hague during the construction of the 3rd Unit of the fuel elements reprocessing plant,
- a 4,300 sq ft model of a construction site developed together with EDF for the EPR. This model offers multiple pedagogical tools and about twenty models of valves, pumps, pipes, mechanical seals, and 5 virtual models specific to the nuclear industry.
THREE FIELDS OF TRAINING
- Construction—to train industrial insulation, pipe, and welding workers for the EPR;
- Maintenance—to train technicians specialized in valve and pressurized rotating machinery maintenance for EDF’s nuclear reactor life extension program;
- Dismantling—to train nuclear workers to work in nuclear and fuel treatment plants. These programs give access to pre-qualification diplomas and to certificate of qualification in metallurgy for nuclear dismantling workers.
- Trainees can also prepare a vocational certificate in nuclear environment.
EXAMPLES OF TAILOR-MADE TRAINING COURSES FOR ORANO
- Training in PLC, control room operations, instrumentation, and regulation
- Training in chemistry and chemical physics
- Training in flow transfer technologies and hydraulics
- Training in breakdown diagnosis
- Training in mechanical and chemical risks
- Training in ventilation
- Training in utilities, water-air-steam-electricity
- Training for new recruits
people trained each year
trainers from the field trained to adult pedagogy
A national nuclear center in Cherbourg-Equeurdreville
training centers in France, covering over 200 sites