Our mission: Coordinating the French offer in nuclear Human Capacity Building.
I2EN represents and coordinates France’s nuclear industry, R&D, and academia in France and abroad for all matters related to nuclear Human Capacity Building. By bringing together all these stakeholders, the I2EN serves as a single point of contact for countries wishing to develop nuclear education & training programmes and to benefit from the French expertise in nuclear Human Capacity Building.
We represent and coordinate the French offer in nuclear Human Capacity Building abroad in order to:
- propose the best education & training solutions tailored to the needs of partner countries through partnerships and services;
- share best practices in Human Capacity Building so as to contribute to the implementation of safe and sustainable nuclear power programmes;
- ensure France’s capacity to host international students and professionals in the French nuclear industry and research organizations;
- review the French offer in nuclear education & training to ensure it is compliant with the needs of industry;
- accredit French nuclear diplomas and issuing the I2EN Label.
Activities in and with partner countries:
- Assessment of immediate and long-term HR needs
- Support and guidance in the design of nuclear workforce development plans
- Development of nuclear education and training programmes
- Set-up of vocational training institutions
- Development of on-the-job training programmes directly related to current nuclear projects
- Organization of “Train-the-Trainers” programmes
- Hosting students and interns in academic and internship programmes in France
Activities in France
Yearly update of the nuclear education programmes database showcasing a selection of what is currently available.
> Search the database
Accreditation of nuclear education programmes: vocational bachelor degrees and master degrees programmes.
> More info about the I2EN Accreditation