Metallurgy and Properties of Zr Alloys for Nuclear Applications
8th international training session by and
- Dates: June 12 – 16, 2017
- Duration: 5 days
- Registration deadline: May 25th, 2017
- Language: English
– General participant: 2570 €
– Student: 1800 €
Includes attendance to classes and visits, lunches and any travelling on site.
- Course location: Classes are held in France, at INSTN – CEA/Saclay (20 km South of Paris).
- Registration contact:
Tel: +33 169 083 092
- Scientists, engineers and technicians in charge of fabrication, characterization, application and safety evaluations of Zr based components for nuclear purposes.
- Students carrying out specialized studies on materials science and nuclear engineering.
To train qualified engineers, scientists and PhD students by giving a general view of Zr alloys from the processing to in service properties including safety concerns:
- By highlighting the main processing parameters affecting the as-received material properties.
- By providing a comprehensive approach on the relationship between the microstructure evolution and the physico-chemical and mechanical properties:
1. Under irradiation
2. During corrosion, oxidation and hydriding in light water reactors environment
3. Under accidental scenarios
- By giving reactor feedback and next future trends.