ABOUT THE GROUP
AREVA supplies high value-added products and services for the operation of the global nuclear fleet. It is recognized by utilities all over the world for its expertise, its skills in cutting- edge technologies and its insistence on the highest level of safety.
AREVA will be refocused on the production and recycling of nuclear materials and on waste management. Its operations will be in mining, uranium chemistry (conversion and enrichment), used fuel recycling, logistics, dismantling and, engineering.
AREVA NP TOMORROW
AREVA NP operations will cover the design, supply, construction, servicing and modernization of nuclear steam supply systems as well as fuel design and fabrication.
- €29 B(1) backlog
- €4.199 B(1) revenue
- 39,761(1) employees
(1) As of December 31, 2015
50 YEARS OF EXPERTISE IN SKILLS DEVELOPMENT FOR THE NUCLEAR INDUSTRY
- Vocational and regulatory training
- Training centers close to industrial and nuclear sites
- Knowledge management and knowledge transfer through training centers, mock-up facilities, mentoring, tutoring, etc.
- Design of training modules, learning solutions, tailored- made training and career-specific programs for nuclear professions
- Award of certificates, academic degrees, vocational diplomas, etc.
- Innovative educational means: e-Learning, serious game, virtual reality, simulators, study tours with site visits, interactive classroom modules
- Robust Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) training processes
A LARGE CAPACITY TO SET UP AND IMPLEMENT HUMAN CAPACITY BUILDING SERVICES FOR NUCLEAR PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS
- A comprehensive offer integrated in the French offer constructed together with EDF and I2EN:
– Introduction to nuclear energy
– Suppliers excellence
– Nuclear project management
– Nuclear safety skills
– Design, operation, maintenance, and decommissioning of nuclear facilities
- Support for the definition of partners’ Human Resource Development (HRD) roadmap
- Leadership programs and learning solutions for top-executives
A WORLD LEADER IN POWER PLANT SIMULATORS
We are particularly experienced in the development of simulators for under-construction plants, such as the simulators developed for Flamanville 3 and Taishan EPR units. Our integrated system developed by CORYS aims at enhancing pedagogy for better understanding of the physical phenomena, plant processes and cycle events of a PWR nuclear plant. It combines simulators and training content, and alternates between periods of tuition, tutorials, and practical exercises. Our training suite covers most of the needs of an academic nuclear engineering or NPP design program. These tools can also serve to train engineers working in the nuclear industry in order to improve general knowledge of power plant design and operation. The training suite comprises 3 off-the-shelf set of simulation tools which, used together, are the first integrated training center available worldwide. It enables to train people for all kinds of situations: from normal operations to severe accidents and I&C regulation design:
- PWR C1300 is dedicated to physics principles, normal operations and PWR concepts.
- PWR X1300 is a more advanced version and enables trainees to focus on and become familiar with abnormal procedures and accident handling.
- The PWR M series is a set of modules that provides dedicated self-training on precise topics (systems and regulation) typical of a large set of PWRs.
WORLDWIDE PARTNERSHIPS WITH KEY ACADEMIC ORGANIZATIONS AND MAJOR INDUSTRIAL PLAYERS
AREVA integrates its training solutions in the French global offer carried by I2EN. We partner with all French nuclear energy players to address the needs in Human Capacity Building of newcomer and expanding countries. For example, we have set up with other industrial and academic partners an initial training for 37 Polish university professors including site visits, technology training, networking and experience sharing.
WEBSITE & CONTACT