Montpellier University, was created in 1808 by Napoleon Bonaparte. The first College to be inaugurated was the College of Science. Our training offer is diversified and comprehensive as we award 230 different degrees, most of which can be taken through apprenticeship or as continuing education programs. We welcome international students from 115 countries.
We conduct research in 8 scientific and technical fields:
- biology applied to health sciences and agronomics;
- biodiversity and ecology;
- evolution and environment;
- chemistry, earth, and water sciences;
- mathematics and computer sciences;
- education management and science.
Montpellier University counts about 2,000 researchers and tenured professors working in 40 research units jointly run with large research organizations.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
We offer a vocational BS in Chemistry & processes applied to the nuclear fuel cycle. This 1-year program comes after two years of college in chemistry. It is jointly run with CEA/INSTN and especially the Marcoule Institute of Partitioning Chemistry. We train students to work in various industrial sectors such as the chemical, energy (nuclear and conventional), and environmental industries (treatment and confinement of industrial wastes, industrial site redevelopment).
MASTER OF SCIENCE
The MS in partitioning chemistry, materials and processes is a 2-year program jointly run with CEA/INSTN. It focuses on:
- the evolution of global needs in energy and the place for nuclear energy in an energy mix to meet these needs;
- nuclear reactors, recycling, and waste confi nement processes;
- partitioning chemistry and actinide separation processes ;
- confinement materials and alteration mechanisms for the long-term storage of nuclear waste;
- the latest advances in nanostructured materials.
This unique and multidisciplinary program provides our students with unique expertise in solution chemistry, chemical analysis, and materials and process sciences. It meets the needs of many industrial sectors—even beyond nuclear energy–such as the chemical, material, environmental, pharmaceutical, and food-processing industries
The CEA-Marcoule center contributes actively to this MS. Its belonging to the Actinet European network of excellence enables our students to do internships in many laboratories in France and abroad. 9 to 10 months of internship are included in the program with 12 to 16 weeks in fi rst year, and 24 weeks in second year.
After graduating, students can choose between completing a second MS to acquire skills in a complementary fi eld, going for a diploma in industrial technological research, starting a PhD, or fi nding a job in their field of expertise.
- 17,477 students
- 1,173 PhD students
- 1,501 tenured professors, associate professors, and teachers
- 2,178 publications in peer-reviewed journals in 2013
- €221 M budget