IMT Atlantique Bretagne-Pays de la Loire, is a member of Institut Mines Telecom. We have developed two fi elds of excellence: 1. energy, environment, and nuclear engineering, and 2. information and production systems and software. Set up in 1990, we have built our reputation both on high-level research and on innovative teaching methods. We offer three degrees: MEngs—including through apprenticeship, MS’ and PhDs. We prepare our future engineers and researchers to a globalized world upheld on a network of 41 partners across the world, offering 21 double-degrees and three international MS’. We offer three programs which cover all fi elds in the nuclear sector, from the most fundamental to applied.
I2EN MASTERS OF ENGINEERING
For MEng students interested in careers within major corporations and institutions in the nuclear sector, two majors are available: Nuclear: technology, safety
and environment (NTSE) and Systems and technologies applied to nuclear reactors (STAR).
I2EN INTERNATIONAL MASTER OF SCIENCE
We also offer an international MS in Sustainable Nuclear Energy – Applications and Management (SNEAM) which is a joint degree with ENSICAEN. Students acquire solid scientifi c, technical and industrial knowledge in each of the three majors:
- Advanced Nuclear Waste Management (ANWM) focuses on the back-end of the nuclear fuel cycle, waste management, long-term safety, and environmental impact assessment, and provides strong insights on dismantling and decommissioning issues;
- Nuclear Energy Production & Industrial Applications (NEPIA) specializes in nuclear reactors and industrial applications (particles beams technology, instrumentation, etc.). A particular focus is put on safety and radiation protection;
- Nuclear Technologies for Medical Applications (NUTMA) focuses on the different nuclear technologies used in the medical field.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN SUBATOMIC RESEARCH AND APPLICATIONS (MARS)
This MS, managed jointly with Nantes University, offers three different majors: Ionizing radiation and medical application (RIA); Research into Sub-atomic Physics (RPS); Dismanting and Nuclear Modeling (DMN).
IMT Atlantique is a founding member of IFCEN, the Sino-French Institute of Nuclear Engineering & Technology, at Guangzhou’s Sun-Yat-Sen University in southern China. It is an engineering school modeled on the French system.
EMN participates in many joint research units with CNRS, Nantes University, other graduate schools, and INRIA. We have created three research and teaching chairs in the nuclear and high-risk industry sectors in partnership with major corporations such as ANDRA, AREVA, EDF, DAHER, DCNS, and IRSN:
- Stocking and storage of radioactive waste,
- Multi-physics modeling of mechanical/thermal couplings and irradiation on materials,
- RESOH—Research into Human Safety Organization.
- 13,200 students
- 4,000 graduates/year
- Over 1,700 PhD students
- €120 M of contractual income from research
- 80 start-ups set up in 2014