Missions & Activities
The International Institute of Nuclear Energy – I2EN is a consortium that gathers all French players involved in nuclear education & training. I2EN represents and coordinates France’s nuclear industry, R&D, and academia in France and abroad for all matters related to nuclear Human Capacity Building. By bringing together all these players, I2EN serves as a unified voice for countries wishing to develop nuclear education & training programs and to benefit from the French expertise in nuclear Human Capacity Building.
Represent and coordinate the French offer in nuclear Human Capacity Building abroad in order to:
|Propose the best education & training solutions tailored to the needs of partner countries||Share best practices in Human Capacity Building so as to contribute to the implementation of safe and sustainable nuclear power programs||Ensure collective capacity of welcoming foreign students and professionals in French nuclear corporations & research organizations|
Review the French offer in nuclear education & training with regards to the needs of industry in skilled personnel.
ACTIVITIES IN AND WITH PARTNER COUNTRIES
- Assessment of immediate and long-term HR needs.
- Support and guidance in the design of nuclear workforce development plans.
- Development of nuclear education and training programs.
- Welcome of students and interns in existing academic and internship programs in France.
- Set-up of vocational training institutions.
- Development of on-the-job training programs directly related to current nuclear projects.
- Organization of “Train-the-Trainers” programs.
ACTIVITIES IN FRANCE