I2EN’s Partners Council convenes twice a year in January and June to define the strategy of the Institute and the actions to implement it.
The Partners Council is chaired by the High-commissioner for Atomic Energy. In agreement with the High-commissioner, each Partner company appoints one representative to serve on the Council for three years (renewable once). Partner companies fall into the following four categories :
- Industrial corporations : AREVA, EDF, ENGIE, GIIN
- National higher education commissions : CDEFI and CPU
- R&D organizations : Andra, CEA, CNRS, IRSN
- Government Departments: Foreign Affairs, Industry, Energy & Climate, Defense, and Education & Research
The Partners Council is in charge of :
- setting I2EN’s yearly action plan and budget;
- approving the annual, moral, and financial report of the previous year;
- appointing the Executive Director upon proposal of the High-commissioner and after a call for applications to the members of the Assembly;
- deciding upon any action or measure with regards to I2EN’s involvement abroad;
- deciding upon any action or measure to redefine I2EN’s mission in France;
- approving I2EN’s Rules of Procedure;
- approving the Associate Members Charter and potential changes;
- deciding upon the admission or expulsion of a Partner companyor Associate Member under the conditions defined in the Rules of Procedure and in the Associate Members Charter.